I am a Partner and Head of our Personal Injury and Accident Claims department with over three decades of experience helping injured victims.
I am rated as a top-ranking Bristol lawyer in Chambers & Partners (2016 Edition) for the work I do representing clients with serious head and back injuries, as well as the families of fatally injured victims. Respected by market sources, I have been described by a local Barrister as: "an Amazonian litigator who fights like Boadicea for her clients" whilst also being repeatedly praised for my professional and empathetic client service.
I have particular expertise in product liability cases including successful claims against Dunlop, concerning their flawed SP4 tyres and Ford, concerning their Explorer. I also have unique knowledge and insights as to the effects of serious pain conditions such as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and Somatoform Pain Disorders.
I have secured several million pounds in damages for my clients whilst also obtaining the best treatment and support by using funding from liable insurers to ensure injured victims are better able to return to their careers, domestic and social lives.
Recent awards include:
- £1.27 million awarded to a 56 year-old-man suffering brain injury when hit by a wing mirror on a motor vehicle.
- £820,000 awarded for a car driver in a rear end collision causing jaw, shoulder and back injuries to a trainee GP, delaying her qualification. The client’s previous solicitors had failed to recognise the huge potential for the claim. Following transfer to my care I was able to instruct specialist experts to address the various aspects of the claim and ensure my client's future needs were fully provided for.
- £500,000 for a woman who developed CRPS following an injury at work.
- £450,000 for a mother whose husband was killed when a defective tractor rolled over him whilst he was working on it.
- £197,000 paid to a pedestrian struck by a car on a zebra crossing who suffered a severely broken leg and psychological consequences.
- £135,000 for whiplash and psychological trauma caused to a passenger in a motor vehicle that was struck in the rear by a lorry. Previous solicitors had advised acceptance of an offer amounting to £35,000 but following the transfer to me the full value of the claim was recognised.
I am a Trustee and sit on the fundraising committee for Headway Bristol, the charity for victims of brain injury. I was formerly a President of the Bristol Medico-Legal Society having previously held the post of legal secretary for almost 10 years. I am a Trustee and Vice-Chair of the Friends of Bristol Eye Hospital. I am also a member of member of APIL.