I am a senior personal injury lawyer with over 30 years of experience and can support you through making an injury claim as well as securing the best possible compensation for your case.
I am highly experienced in supporting clients who have suffered a range of injuries and have dealt with just about every conceivable type of personal injury claim since being admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 1986.
My specialisms include spinal injuries, amputations and head injury claims. More recently I have tended to deal with complex or high value matters. I have extensive High Court and County Court trial experience and have run 3 cases which reached the Court of Appeal on points of law.
I am married with 3 children; a keen sportsman and have completed a number of marathons; the last 3 with each of my children as they turned 18! I have completed the '3 Peaks Challenge' and a 'Tough Mudder.' My passion however is football. I support Leeds United (you can’t help where you were born/dragged to London at the age of 2!) and have turned out for the same club (Old Stationers FC) for the past 41 years!
Notable cases/settlements include:
- Highest award (at the time) for Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) awarded by Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB as it then was) for a woman police constable (WPC) involved in the Harrods bombing.
- Involvement in a number of cases relating to the Kings Cross and Zeebrugge disaster cases.
- £800,000 settlement for WPC retired following a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) due to spinal injuries
- High Court judgement in excess of £350,000 after 5 day trial for a client with Somatoform Disorder following a “non-impact” RTA
- Handled a number of police training cases successfully to trial including riot training and officer safety training cases.
- Secured a settlement for a firearms officer who shot his own finger off on a firing range and for another two officers who lost fingers whilst handling a stun grenade during a routine exercise.
- Sole conduct of 3 cases which were taken to the Court of Appeal on points of law, Re: Emmett - CICA (1988), Irvine v Met Police (2004) and Wallis v Balfour Beatty (2003).
- Secured damages for a client “trampled” by cows and for another who had his ear bitten off by a horse and a child who had her nose bitten off by a dog.
- Recently represented 31 claimants who all suffered from food poisoning at a wedding, including the Bride & Groom.
- Secured £170,000 damages for a “Gaffer” who fell from height on a film set.