Probate & Estate Administration

When someone passes away, the personal representatives of their estate usually need to obtain a grant of representation

The term ‘personal representative’ covers both the executor and administrator, and ‘Grant of Representation’ is a general phrase referring to both Grants of Probate and Grants of Letters of Administration.

Having said this, a word that is commonly used is ‘Probate’ and generally refers to applying for the right to deal with the affairs of someone who has died. You’ll find that different terms are used, depending on whether or not the deceased person left a will.

Team members

arrowarrow-leftburgerLarge M Inc BD Logo - transparentchevroncloseUntitled-2iconmonstr-facebook-6 (1)tick